Our Mission: to inspire and empower all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Our five programming areas are designed to make an impact on a child’s overall well-being. The 5 pillars are:
- Education & Career Development – helping youth become academically proficient, set goals and explore life as working adults.
- Character & Leadership Development – empowering young people to support and influence their community and sustain meaningful relationships with others.
- The Arts – allowing children to become culturally aware by exposing them to the visual arts, crafts, the performing arts and creative writing
- Sports Fitness & Recreation – helping children become physically and emotionally fit.
The Nappanee Club offers many opportunities in the after-school program. Activities include: Girls in Focus program, Michiana Youth Sports League and Bible Time. Other small groups that youth are involved in are Mindcraft Club, Lego Movie Club, IT Crowd Smart Girls and Imagemakers. The partnership with the Wa-Nee Community Schools is extremely valuable to the Boys & Girls Club of Nappanee.
The Wakarusa academic site is open with space currently limited to 40 members. Children attending the site are selected and identified by the school as students that will benefit from tutoring outside the regular classroom hours.
The Nappanee Club has operated at its current site for 18 years with no outdoor space for the children to play or get exercise. Daily the club staff walk the children to the local park located several blocks away to participate in planned outdoor activities. The partnership with Wa-Nee Community Schools will provide safe and easy access to the outdoor playground facilities at Nappanee Elementary School.
Improvements for The Boys & Girls Club of Nappanee Include:
- Build a new building on the Nappanee Elementary School property.
- Provide more academic mentoring spaces
- Create vibrant, active outdoor and indoor space
- Enlarged kitchen to provide healthy after school snacks and meals